James the chimney sweep, Master Chimney Sweeps & Flue Technicians
Premier chimney sweeps supporting residents and local businesses in Kent & East Sussex
HETAS approved chimney sweeps and flue technicians in Royal Tunbridge Wells, and nearby areas of Kent and East Sussex.
Members of the guild of master sweeps, we provide professional, reliable, honest and helpful advice for all our customers. Keeping customers safe from the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning and uncontrolled fires.
With considerable chimney cleaning experience, we have swept chimney’s in bungalows, terraced, semi-detached and detached houses; pubs and restaurants; private & public stately homes and even castles. Hever Castle is a regular client. As Kent and East Sussex chimney sweeps, we have clients in Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Crowborough, Hadlow, Pembury, Paddock wood, Maidstone and Orpington.
It is with much regret that we announce the sad passing of James Hughes. Peacefully on 18th January 2022, James Hughes, founder of Jamesthesweep.co.uk passed away in hospital after a brief illness. Max, James’s trusted right-hand man for over 7 years, whom most of you will know, has taken over the business. About Max.
James the Sweep chimney sweeping services
Chimney cleaning services
A standard brush sweep for woodburning stoves and open fires is £60. This includes a smoke test & certificate.
Chimney sweeping services
HEPA Filter chimney sweep hoover
We use an industrial vacuum with HEPA filter for all sweeps to stop soot particles escaping into your home.
HEPA Filter chimney sweep vacuum
Bird’s nest removal from your chimney
The cost of removing a Bird’s nest from your chimney is £100 for the first hour and £60 after that per hour for complex jobs.
Bird’s nest removals
CCTV chimney inspection
We use a CCTV camera to inspect the inside of your chimney, highlighting any chimney problems. The standard cost for a chimney inspection is £100.
CCTV chimney inspections
Chimney sweep certificate
After a sweep or safety inspection we issue a safety certificate, approved by the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.
Certificate of chimney sweeping
Chimney pots, cowls & bird guards
We can advise and arrange installation of the best type of chimney pot, chimney cowl and bird guard for your home.
Advice on pots, cowls & bird guards
Chimney sweeping Special offers
We offer a discount for sweeping multiple chimneys at the same location.
Why choose James the sweep
- Fresh clean dust sheets with every sweep.
- Genuinely friendly and helpful service.
- Punctual, no waiting in all day, we are always on time.
- HETAS approved chimney sweeps.
- Members of the guild of Master Sweeps.
- Affordable pricing.
- Discounts for sweeping multiple chimneys at the same location.
- Repeat customers can book a chimney sweeping in advance.
- Experienced in servicing wood burning stoves, multi fuel stoves, Jetmaster fires and Aga flues.
- We also give FREE advice on chimney liners.
- “Top man, top service” – Will Griffiths
- “Great price, great service, great advice” – Howard
- “I recommend your chimney sweep service to all” – Karen
- “Very thorough, punctual, clean and a particularly friendly chap” – Matthew
- “No mess – No fuss and no dust. Just good service.” – Maiwenn
- “Prompt, professional and cheery chimney sweep!” – Gareth
All our sweeps are trained, licensed and insured to sweep all kinds of chimneys, flues fireplaces and stoves.
- Open Fire
- Wood burning stoves
- Aga flues
- Multi fuel stoves
- Jetmaster fire
- Gas Fire
- Oil Fired Boiler
8 tell-tale signs your chimney is blocked
- A poorly burning fire or one that goes out frequently.
- Smoke coming back down the chimney into your home.
- Debris falling into the hearth from the chimney.
- Evidence of a bird’s nest in your chimney. Chirping sounds coming from your chimney, loose twigs or leaves falling into the hearth or birds flying in and out of the top of your chimney.
- Your carbon monoxide meter has gone off indicating there is carbon monoxide or toxic fume build up in your home.
- A nasty smell coming from the fireplace.
- You can see a soot build up or dripping soot inside the chimney.
- A chimney fire (inside the upper chimney and not the hearth).
If you experience any of these signs you probably have a blocked chimney and need the expertise of a qualified chimney sweep right away.
James the sweeps’ chimney sweeping information hub
If you are interested in chimney sweeping browse James the sweep’s information hub for more details on how to sweep your own chimney, the history of chimney sweeping or how to make a DIY chimney sweep costume.
For answers to questions about chimney sweeping and chimney care visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) area.
To book a sweep or get chimney sweep advice contact us on 07587 134589.