CCTV Chimney camera inspections
CCTV chimney camera inspection by a qualified chimney sweep
A member of the guild of master sweeps and a HETAS approved chimney sweep, your chimney is in good hands with James the sweep. He has over 20 years’ experience in the industry. Sweeping chimneys and conducting chimney inspections for client’s in Kent – Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Crowborough, Hadlow, Pembury, Paddock wood, Maidstone and Orpington.
5 Signs that something is very wrong with your chimney
Here are some common customer problems James the sweep has dealt with.
- The smoke from my fire is coming out into the room.
- Our lounge fire is burning poorly or keeps going out.
- The carbon monoxide alarm has gone off.
- My chimney caught on fire.
- There are chirping noises coming from the chimney.
It’s hard to know what exactly is going on inside a chimney. James can of course, hazard a guess from the householder’s descriptions. He could also conduct a smoke draw test or do a sweep. But the only way to know for sure, is to actually take a look up the chimney. In the past this would have involved some destructive probing of the chimney. Fortunately, with the advance of technology James can now look directly up and down the chimney with a camera – closed-circuit television (CCTV).
James always advises customers to have their chimney swept before any inspections are carried out. This way, the chimney is clear of debris and soot for the CCTV camera inspection, allowing James to clearly see any problems with the chimney or flue.
The CCTV chimney camera inspection
As a Master Sweep for Tunbridge Wells and the nearby areas of Kent James the sweep would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to customer safety. So, if there is any doubt about the condition of a chimney or flue, he will carry out a CCTV inspection. This provides definitive visual proof for James and the customer of any issues with the chimney.
For conducting a CCTV survey James the chimney sweep uses a Rodtech CCTV camera system, a highly regarded technology in the chimney sweeping industry. The Rodtech system allows James to fully inspect the chimney, flue and flue liner and spot any problems with soot blockages, structural issues or other matters such as birds’ nests. The camera facilitates a 360-degree view of the flue’s interior, easily highlighting any problems.
The benefits of a camera inspection?
- Any chimney problems can be easily identified on the CCTV camera.
- Householders can also view the CCTV footage.
- A CCTV survey is a quick way to identify problems.
- A CCTV inspection produces virtually no mess.
- The Rodtech CCTV camera system is designed to get into small spaces without damaging the chimney.
If the inspection highlights any chimney issues James will advise you on the best solution. James the chimney sweep offers a basic brush sweeping service for £60 and a bird’s nest removal service for £100 for the first hour and £60 per additional hour for complex jobs.
- Any chimney care questions or need some advice?
- A suspicion there is something wrong with your chimney?
- Or you have just moved into a new home and just want your chimney checked?
Call James now on 07587 134589 and he’ll be happy to advise you.