HETAS approved Master Chimney sweep - Wateringbury, Kent, ME18
My chimney cleaning services in Wateringbury
Chimney cleaning in Wateringbury
I charge £70 for a standard brush sweep for a wood burner or open fire. This chimney cleaning price includes the full chimney sweep, the fire and CO risk assessment, a chimney smoke test and an official Certificate of Chimney Sweeping useful for household insurance.
I am licensed and insured to sweep all kinds of chimneys, flues fireplaces and stoves. This includes Aga flues, Multi fuel stoves, Jetmaster fire, Rayburn, Inglenook, Parkray, Gas Fire and Oil Fired Boilers.
- What's included in a chimney sweeping?
- When can I book a sweep?
- How long does it take to sweep a chimney?
- How do you prepare for a chimney sweep?
- When should you sweep a chimney?
- How to sweep a chimney?
- What happens if you don't sweep your chimney?
Bird nest removal in Wateringbury
I charge £100 for the first hour of work and then £60 per hour after that if the job is particularly complicated. Please note that the bird's nest is always left with the householder for disposal.
- How do you know birds are nesting in your chimney?
- How do you remove a nest from a chimney?
- How to keep birds out of your chimney?
- The law on bird nest removal from your chimney
CCTV chimney inspection in Wateringbury
I charge £70 for a sweep (which must be conducted before the inspection) and £100 for a chimney inspection. If you have any worries about using your solid fuel appliance or open fire you should get a CCTV chimney inspection from a qualified chimney sweep.
- What is a chimney inspection?
- 5 Signs that you need a chimney inspection
- What is involved in a chimney inspection?
- 5 benefits of a chimney inspection?
- Should I get a chimney inspection before buying a house?
A chimney sweep hoover is used as standard with every sweep
During my standard £70 sweep I use a HEPA filter chimney sweep vacuum to make sure no soot and ash particles escape into your home.
A chimney sweep certificate issued with every sweep
Whenever I conduct a sweep in Wateringbury, I always provide the householder with an official, Certificate of Chimney Sweeping. This indicates that a sweep has been conducted to the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps industry standard and can be used for household insurance purposes.
- What is a chimney sweep certificate?
- Do I need a chimney sweep certificate?
- The Certificate of Chimney Sweeping
Chimney cowls, chimney pots and chimney guards
I advise clients in Wateringbury about what type and what size chimney cowl, pot or guard will best suit their fire setup. Due to health and safety issues, I do not fit chimney cowls, pots or guards myself. I arrange fitting with my trusted colleagues who do an excellent job of installation for my clients.
- What is a chimney cowl?
- What is a chimney pot?
- What is a chimney bird guard?
- What is capping a chimney?
- Broken or damaged chimney cowls, chimney pots and chimney bird guards
- Can I fit my own chimney pot, cowl or bird guard?
- Can a chimney sweep fit a cowl?
If you have any questions about chimney sweeping or chimney care, I would love to hear from you. Call me on 07587 134589 today.
Another scenic village near the river Medway, Wateringbury used to have three watermills to its name. Now, only one remains, but the area is still bursting with rurual charm and history. And I’m not exaggerating on the latter! The name Wateringbury itself has Angle Saxon roots, so it has been an established village for a very long time. These days, there’s plenty to do in Wateringbury too.
Sounds awesome, doesn’t it? Tiny Town is an innovative play area with several different settings (hospital, army area, sensory roon, space area…) for your kids to explore and a range of different role playing activities to keep them engaged.
Larkfield Leisure Centre
Who doesn’t love a swimming pool with a space bowl? Larkfield leisure centre also has a sixty metre slipstream waterslide and lazy river rapids…this ia all just the pool, by the way. If I were to touch on all the other great stuff on offer there, we’d be here all day!
Kent Life is a brilliant heritage park that’s suitable for all ages. You can visit restored period decorated historic buildings and look at Britain’s last working coal-fired Oast house. Or, if you like, you can meet and greet a wealth of farm animals as well as some smaller, fuzzier critters in the cuddle corner!
If you live in Wateringbury and need my assistance, then please call! I always have a whale of a time while I’m in the area!
-James The Sweep