HETAS approved Master Chimney sweep - Horsmonden, Kent, TN12
My chimney cleaning services in Horsmonden
Chimney cleaning in Horsmonden
I charge £70 for a standard brush sweep for a wood burner or open fire. This chimney cleaning price includes the full chimney sweep, the fire and CO risk assessment, a chimney smoke test and an official Certificate of Chimney Sweeping useful for household insurance.
I am licensed and insured to sweep all kinds of chimneys, flues fireplaces and stoves. This includes Aga flues, Multi fuel stoves, Jetmaster fire, Rayburn, Inglenook, Parkray, Gas Fire and Oil Fired Boilers.
- What's included in a chimney sweeping?
- When can I book a sweep?
- How long does it take to sweep a chimney?
- How do you prepare for a chimney sweep?
- When should you sweep a chimney?
- How to sweep a chimney?
- What happens if you don't sweep your chimney?
Bird nest removal in Horsmonden
I charge £100 for the first hour of work and then £60 per hour after that if the job is particularly complicated. Please note that the bird's nest is always left with the householder for disposal.
- How do you know birds are nesting in your chimney?
- How do you remove a nest from a chimney?
- How to keep birds out of your chimney?
- The law on bird nest removal from your chimney
CCTV chimney inspection in Horsmonden
I charge £70 for a sweep (which must be conducted before the inspection) and £100 for a chimney inspection. If you have any worries about using your solid fuel appliance or open fire you should get a CCTV chimney inspection from a qualified chimney sweep.
- What is a chimney inspection?
- 5 Signs that you need a chimney inspection
- What is involved in a chimney inspection?
- 5 benefits of a chimney inspection?
- Should I get a chimney inspection before buying a house?
A chimney sweep hoover is used as standard with every sweep
During my standard £70 sweep I use a HEPA filter chimney sweep vacuum to make sure no soot and ash particles escape into your home.
A chimney sweep certificate issued with every sweep
Whenever I conduct a sweep in Horsmonden, I always provide the householder with an official, Certificate of Chimney Sweeping. This indicates that a sweep has been conducted to the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps industry standard and can be used for household insurance purposes.
- What is a chimney sweep certificate?
- Do I need a chimney sweep certificate?
- The Certificate of Chimney Sweeping
Chimney cowls, chimney pots and chimney guards
I advise clients in Horsmonden about what type and what size chimney cowl, pot or guard will best suit their fire setup. Due to health and safety issues, I do not fit chimney cowls, pots or guards myself. I arrange fitting with my trusted colleagues who do an excellent job of installation for my clients.
- What is a chimney cowl?
- What is a chimney pot?
- What is a chimney bird guard?
- What is capping a chimney?
- Broken or damaged chimney cowls, chimney pots and chimney bird guards
- Can I fit my own chimney pot, cowl or bird guard?
- Can a chimney sweep fit a cowl?
If you have any questions about chimney sweeping or chimney care, I would love to hear from you. Call me on 07587 134589 today.
Horsmonden village is in the borough of Tunbridge Wells – within the customer base area of James the Sweep. As the local master sweep, James is often seen in the village inspecting chimney flues, woodburners, open fires and gas fires besides sweeping the chimneys and removing birds’ nests, as required. The village has some interesting claims to fame. Horsmonden Cricket Club was founded in 1738 and it’s still going strong! Today there are two men’s teams and four teams of youth but it’s incredible to think the first game notched up by villagers was against Chislehurst Cricket Club in July 1738! Another famous personage connected to the village is Jane Austen, the well-known novelist. Her grandfather and other relatives lived in the local clothmaster’s hall, the 15ht century Broadford. Later on, the family moved to Capel Manor house and you can find a number of the family’s graves today within the quiet confines of St Margaret’s Church. Other interesting aspects of Horsmonden include an annual gypsy fair, the River Teise and signs of former major industries, namely iron, gunfounding and weaving.
Looking for a chimney sweep in Horsmonden?
James the Chimney Sweep is available in Horsmonden and surrounding areas.