Another chimney fire – this time in Tunbridge Wells!
Another chimney fire has been reported in the county of Kent – this time in Tunbridge Wells.
Last week a spate of chimney fires across the county, in recent months, was noted in a blog by James the Sweep alongside warnings from Kent Fire & Rescue Service to book regular chimney sweeping appointments.
Last night (December 11) another chimney fire was reported at 9.18pm in Madeira Park, T Wells. Two fire engines rushed to the home and brave firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to douse the flames. Fortunately nobody was hurt.
A spokesman for Kent Fire & Rescue Service said: “It’s believed the fire started accidentally when flames from a gas fire ignited objects placed in the chimney to prevent draughts.
“Following the incident, crews are reminding people to make sure their chimneys are clear of flammable objects and to ensure it is swept at least once a year. A clean chimney can help to prevent fires and structural damage to your home.”
PLEASE don’t take risks with chimney safety. Indoor fires are a safe method for heating homes but only if you book regular chimney sweeping appointments with your local sweep – James the Sweep.
James the Sweep uses CCTV, smoke tests and other methods for examining chimney flues for residents in T Wells, Tonbridge, Southborough, Maidstone, Orpington, Sevenoaks, Hadlow, Pembury and Paddock Wood. He will advise you on the condition of your chimney flue and if action is needed such as sweeping or repairs in the brickwork.
Regular chimney inspections and sweeping ensures your chimney is free from soot debris and other damage; giving you peace of mind about the risks of chimney fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. James the Sweep only charges £60 for regular chimney sweeping appointments.